500 bird strikes reported in past 5 years: data
时间:2023-12-02 09:30:07 出处:요리阅读（143）
A total of 500 aircraft incidents involving bird collisions have been reported in airports across South Korea over the past five years, according to data Wednesday.
According to the data unveiled by Rep. Heo Jong-sik of the main opposition Democratic Party, the total number of aircraft bird strike cases during takeoff and landing totaled 500 since 2019. The lawmaker cited the data submitted by airport authorities.
Gimpo International Airport in western Seoul and Gimhae International Airport in Busan, 320 kilometers southeast of the capital, accounted for 115 and 112 cases, respectively. Six cases involved aircraft having to return to their place of origin.
The number of personnel tasked with preventing bird strikes stood at 113 at airports across the country. (Yonhap)
- Spike in camping enthusiasts in Korea, yet camping etiquette lags behind
- CJ’s Korean
- [News Analysis] Could Kakao’s M&A strategy be its own undoing?
- ‘Cenozoic Life’ to open 49th Seoul Independent Film Festival
- BTS gets 6th top honor at 2023 MAMA Awards
- US needs 'strategic clarity' on North Korea deterrence: report
- 신원식 “나도 육군이지만, 합참의장은 해군 시켜야”
- [Exclusive] South Korean lawmakers to join international alliance taking on China
- Labor unions slam government efforts to attract more foreign workers