NTCK to celebrate 100th Seoul performance of ‘The Orphan of Zhao’
时间:2023-12-02 10:25:39 出处:요리阅读（143）
The National Theater Company of Korea is set to captivate audiences once more with its signature production, "The Orphan of Zhao: Seeds of Revenge," returning with its sixth run at the Myeongdong Theater in central Seoul from Nov. 30 to Dec. 25.
Premiered in 2015, “The Orphan of Zhao” is a reinterpretation of the Chinese "Zaju" drama script of the same title, written by the Yuan Dynasty playwright Ji Junxiang. Among the six Zaju plays he wrote, “The Orphan of Zhao” is the only surviving example.
Often referred to as the Chinese “Hamlet” because of its theme of revenge, the tragedy has been adapted by director Koh Sun-woong, who focused the narrative on the man who sacrifices his only child to save the "seed of revenge."
- German envoy calls for enhanced security cooperation with S. Korea
- 국회서 피켓‧고성 사라지나…여야, 정쟁자제 '신사협정' 체결
- Enhypen's 'Fate' tour draws 85,000 fans in the US
- Rich culture of masks in Korea, Japan and China on show at Folk Museum
- Court clears cabbie in death of passenger who jumped out of moving taxi
- Saudi crown prince gives Yoon a ride to investment forum
- 美연구소 "北, 러에 보낸 포탄은 50만 발…한 달 사용 분량"
- Hyundai Motor to build 1st car plant in Saudi Arabia, leading 46 Korea
- Disability rights group lodges complaint with rights watchdog over leader's arrest